10.19.2012

Copy Cat Tears


I bought the $198 Storksac diaper bag last April. Major splurge. I've carried it faithfully for a solid 18 months. And now Target has ripped off every last stitch and stocked it on their shelves for $49. I guess I'm the fool. Lesson here? Target will always come through? You just have to wait a couple years?

I don't know. I'm all about the underdog. The independent guy. The mom and pop shop and the struggling designer. So I'm glad my huge chunk of change went to the real deal. But still. The knife gets twisted when you see it at Target for ONE QUARTER WHAT YOU PAID. It stings. 

But, hold up. 

The Target version DOESN'T have a long shoulder strap. Yes, then, okay. That strap on the original Storksac IS worth the extra $149 I paid. It's essential to have that across-the-body band whilst holding a child AND carrying groceries AND bending down to pick up after your dog (glorious condo life without a parking spot or a yard, how I love thee). So, yes. Essential, my friends. Essential, dear bank account.

I keep repeating this to myself into the night lest I kick myself...

...the shoulder strap is invaluable...

...the shoulder strap is invaluable...

...the shoulder strap is invaluable...worth $149...

...but, indeed, that shoulder strap is invaluable


I'd buy the original all over again. Take that, Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...